Specialized Physical Therapy – In a Specialized Environment – Achieving Measurable Results
At Herndon Family Medicine Physical Therapy, we believe that no matter your lifestyle, activity or sport, if you’re having pain then we can provide the physical therapy treatment you need to get back on track and keep you active. We pride ourselves on being able to provide better outcomes for our patients.
Our staff features highly skilled and experienced physical therapists with specialized training in the treatment of a wide range of orthopaedic conditions. Our goal is to provide you patient satisfaction by delivering the best physical therapy care with superior customer service.
Physical Therapy On-Site at Herndon Family Medicine
Herndon Family Medicine has chosen to provide therapy on-site because our physicians feel your therapy experience is absolutely critical to your recovery from injury or surgery. Through ongoing and immediate access to your physician and his/her staff, our therapists are able to seek direct counsel as well as report progress through face-to-face communication.
Your quality of care and outcomes are improved, as no other physical therapist will know your physician’s goals, timelines and protocols better than our Herndon Family Medicine therapists. The result for you is a customized, personal therapy program tailored specifically to your needs, all in a specialized environment.
Services & Specialty Programs
- Ankle Sprains
- Arthritis Management
- Back & Neck Pain Stabilization
- Knee Pain
- Manual Therapy
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Posture & Body Mechanics
- Repetitive Stress Injuries
- Shoulder Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Sports Medicine
- Women’s Health
- Sportsmetrics – ACL injury prevention program
Your therapy appointments are critical to your progress and recovery, so it is imperative that you make every effort to attend all your scheduled sessions. If you are unable to make your appointment, we require that you call at least 24 hours in advance.
Our therapists typically have full schedules, and tardiness has a negative impact on your therapist’s scheduled, as well as treatment times of other patients. We appreciate your consideration and understanding to keep timely appointments.
To reach our Physical Therapy department, please call 703.834.2310.
What to Expect During your Visit
- Remember to wear comfortable clothes and you are welcome to bring clothing to change into.
- During your initial evaluation, your therapist will develop a treatment program that will address areas for improvement: strength, posture, flexibility, neurological status, joint motion, and functional limitation with activities.
- Physical therapy treatment may include the use of manual therapy techniques and exercises. Therapeutic modalities may be used to decrease swelling, decrease pain and/or soothe injured muscles.
- Your therapist will also prescribe a home exercise program to supplement your physical therapy. To maximize your outcomes, it is critical that you complete the exercise program prescribed by your physical therapist.
As a valued patient of Herndon Family Medicine Physical Therapy, you are responsible for the following:
- Keeping your therapy appointment and arriving at your appointment on time
- Any required deductibles or co-pays
- Turning off cell phones during your visit; should you require to be in contact with your cell phone, please place on vibrate or silent
- Due to the need to protect the privacy of all our patients, family members must remain in the waiting room area unless your therapist requests their presence or assistance
- Children under the age of 12 should not be left unattended in our waiting area
Meet our Therapists
Taso Sakkas, Clinical Director, LPTA
Taso brings over 10 years of experience to Herndon Family Medicine and a passion treating patients and achieving clinical excellence. His clinical expertise and interest include spine and sports rehabilitation where he incorporates his passion for fitness with physical therapy. Taso is certified in Sportsmetrics, an ACL Injury Prevention Program.
Ronald Holthaus, PT
Ron is the area director for several physical therapy clinics, and directly manages the physical therapy for the Fairfax Family Medicine group. A physical therapist originally from Holland, he brings over 25 years experience to Herndon Family Medicine. Ronald has a passion of learning, completing several thousand of hours of continued education courses, and is one out of approximately 70 therapists in the nation with levels of PRRT. Ronald is a certified McKenzie treatment approach therapist and who specializes in manipulation and dry needling.
Nitu Pandit, PT
Nitu brings over 10 years of experience to Herndon’s physical therapy department. She graduated in 1999 from Mangalore University in India. After moving to the USA in 2001, she has focused on outpatient physical therapy, treating a wide range of patient populations with various sports injuries, acute and chronic orthopedic problems as well as pre and post-surgical patients. Nitu practices varied manual therapy techniques including Maitland Australian therapy. An avid learner, she is pursuing advanced training in manual therapy, exercise prescription and injury prevention. Nitu is also a Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP).
Herndon Family Medicine Physical Therapy facility is owned by the physician practice. Your physical therapy referral does not restrict you to therapy services in our facility. Instead, you may elect to receive care at an alternative therapy clinic of your choice. Choosing an alternative therapy provider and location has no bearing on the quality of medical care that you receive at Herndon Family Medicine.